Friday, April 6, 2012

Because I can't neglect a poetic gauntlet...

The Dream

The Spring dawn calls me, as if to say
"Wake up, my love, let's start your day."
But the dream is stronger; it holds tight,
And I don't have the will to fight.

Inside this dream, your eyes seduce me
And your sweet kiss sets my heart free.
Inside this dream, your scent is divine.
This "playground" of you is all mine.

Inside this dream, your touch is shocking,
Electric jolts send me rocking.
Inside this dream, your being echoes
Through my soul- I'll never let go.

My eyes slowly open and I know it's true
That I will relive this dream when I see you.

~~~~~~~

Should I have brought more crackers for all this cheese? Not to say the connotation of "cheesiness" makes any of my sentiment untrue, but it really could have been more elegantly said... still, not bad for 20 minutes of work.

Classic English sonnet style obviously, with an unusual (for me) "aabb" rhyme scheme. I usually tend to go with the more classic "abab" when I bother to rhyme. Absolutely no nod to meter structure at all, other than to make sure I did have some sort of syllabic pattern.

Anywhoo...challenge accepted! Here ya go. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment