Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Doubts and Determination

It took me a long time to realize that my art will never be good enough. Ever. Not to my standards. Even if I were Michaelangelo (and I am so not saying I am), I think my art still wouldn't be good enough for me.

I always put off my plans; just one more class, one more book, one more year of practice.

Well, turns out I've had it all wrong. I should have been doing more art, throwing it out there, then moving on to the next piece. Because I'll always be learning and changing and growing. And I'll never be happy with what I do and therefor I'll keep striving to do better each time.

And what's the point of comparing myself to someone else because there will always be someone better than me. Why do I even bother when there is no competition? No one will be winning first prize because omg, Bob Happy-Trees is so much better and I'll never be him.

I'll never be anyone but me, and that's what I should be putting out there. Getting it out of me in an endless purge of regurgitated art. This will be that time now and we'll see what happens.

Sorry for the rambling; it's past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment